The Lake Victoria Challenge is still many months away, however, we are approaching our first major milestone of the year – the closing of the LVC Flying Competitions registration on April 25th. Dozens of teams have signed up. These teams represent the future of leapfrogging the continent’s infrastructure deficit and addressing the public health and mobility challenges that drone technology can alleviate. We’re excited to see the energy and the initiative from these global teams, who want to explore Africa’s lower skies as a mobility resource.
The next step of the Flying Competitions qualifying phase involves selecting a shortlist of candidates to move onto Phase 2. As part of this phase, teams will virtually demonstrate how their drones can successfully navigate one of our three tracks: Emergency Delivery, Sample Pick-Up, and Find and Assess. From there, the final teams will be selected and invited to Mwanza to compete in the 2019 Lake Victoria Challenge Flying Competitions.
The World Bank, along with the other esteemed partners of the LVC are excited to kick off the first qualifying phase of the Flying Competitions and look forward to communicating progress in the weeks and months ahead.
|APPLY NOW! REGISTRATION ENDS APRIL 25th.|
Share this article:
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)