MAG Aerospace is seeking an Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) Operator for the Aerosonde platform. In this position, you will be responsible for safe aircraft operation which includes but is not limited to maintaining diligent lookout and listening doctrine with available sensors, radios, and other ground control station equipment; following air traffic control clearances; maintaining safe and positive control of the air vehicle during all phases of flight; taking appropriate actions during emergencies; operating sensors onboard aircraft; assisting Mission Commander and Mission Coordinator with flight mission planning and briefings as directed; computing takeoff/landing data via standard operating procedures; as well as utilizing checklists and other standardized manuals.
The UAS Operator is also responsible for safely operating the sensor payload; analyzing and reporting sensor data pertinent to mission success and safety of flight. Professional performance with minimal guidance and direction is expected. Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a small team environment is essential.
Locations can be austere with minimum comfort access. While operating from the deployed location, all personnel are responsible to, and work directly for, the assigned Site Lead, regardless of parent company. Crewmembers will be integrated into the daily flying/maintenance schedule and are not solely responsible for one area of the deployment location requirements. Personnel should expect to participate in all facets of the operation to support mission requirements.Job Requirements
Required Education and Experience (MUST have to be considered for this position)
- High School Graduate; military trained UAS Operator, FAA A&P license and private or commercial pilot
- Unmanned Aircraft Pilot. Prior experience with small and larger than hand-launched Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS)
- Must be capable of controlling the unmanned aircraft semi-autonomously (preprogrammed) via the GCS or controlling the unmanned aircraft manually via line-of-sight.
- Basic computer skills are required
- Must have a valid FAA Class 2 medical certificate (or able to meet standards)
- Must meet minimum military health standards for worldwide deployment and unmanned aircraft flight qualifications
- Active US Secret Security clearance
Preferred but NOT Required Education and Experience: (NOT necessary but will make a candidate more qualified for this position)
- Recent deployed operations; prior military experience
ABOUT THE COMPANY
At MAG, we provide and enable real-time situational awareness to help our customers make the world smaller and safer. We are laser focused on serving our customers by providing technical expertise, operational excellence, and flawless execution. Relentlessly driven by our dedication to service and performance, we have become the leading independent provider of manned/unmanned full-spectrum outsourced ISR services in the world. Our success is due entirely to the high caliber of employees we recruit, hire, and retain. At MAG, we look for individuals who thrive in a high-performance environment where challenges are the norm and success is expected.
MAG Aerospace (MAG) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to our positions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Click below for the “EEO is The Law” and Federal Contractor Poster Supplement:
MAG Aerospace (MAG) is committed to providing an online application process that is accessible to all, including individuals with a disability, by offering an alternative way to apply for job openings. This alternative method is available for those who cannot otherwise complete the online application due to a disability or need for accommodation.
MAG provides reasonable accommodation to applicants under the guidance of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam-Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and certain state and/or local laws.
If you need assistance due to a disability, please contact MAG Aerospace Recruiting at:
[email protected] or call (703) 376-8993
Share this article:
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)