Drone Delivery Canada ‘DDC or the Company’ (TSX.V:FLT,OTC: TAKOF), is pleased to announce that it has commenced testing its newest cargo delivery drone, ‘The Falcon’ with a lifting capability of 50 pounds of payload and a travel range of 60km.
“In response to market demand driven by the burgeoning e-commerce industry, our engineering team was given the task of building out our fleet of cargo drones to address the need for a multi-package payload compartment solution which is applicable in many different geographies. The Falcon is the newest edition to DDC’s fleet and meets this particular niche which is being requested by DDC’s customers.”, commented Tony Di Benedetto, CEO.
The Falcon has been in development for almost a year and has received approvals from Transport Canada to commence testing within Southern Ontario. The Falcon is the big brother to DDC’s Sparrow which is based on an electric propulsion system.
“Our engineering team is very proud of the development and approvals now for the Falcon. We continue to push the envelope in building bigger, larger cargo capabilities within our drone fleet of vehicles.”, commented Paul Di Benedetto, CTO.
The Falcon has a wing span of approximately 12 feet and is anticipated to travel 60 km at a speed of 50 km/ hr. The multi-package payload compartment is designed to carry approximately 5 cubic feet of cargo and will be weather resistant.
For more information, please visit www.dronedeliverycanada.com
Share this article:
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)