Civil Aviation Authority
No: 1345 Publication date: 17 February 2020
Small Unmanned Aircraft – SUA Operator Registration Requirements for Members of UK Model and Small Unmanned Aircraft Associations
1) The Civil Aviation Authority (‘the CAA’), in exercise of its powers under article 266 of the Air Navigation Order 2016 (‘the Order’), exempts any member of a UK Model or Small Unmanned Aircraft Association listed in paragraph 2 below, from the requirements of article 94D (registration as an SUA operator) of the Order.
2) This exemption shall only apply to a person acting as the SUA Operator of a small unmanned aircraft while also being a member of one of the following UK Model or Small Unmanned Aircraft Associations:
a. The Society of Model Aeronautical Engineers trading as the British Model Flying Association (BMFA)
b. The Scottish Aeromodellers’ Association (SAA)
c. The Large Model Aircraft Association Ltd trading as the Large Model Association (LMA)
d. FPV UK Ltd trading as FPV UK
3) A copy of this exemption, along with a copy of the relevant association membership document must be carried by any remote pilot when making use of this exemption.
4) This exemption supersedes Official Record Series No. 1332, which is revoked.
5) This exemption has effect from the date it is signed until 30 June 2020, both dates inclusive, unless previously revoked.
S L O’Sullivan
for the Civil Aviation Authority
17 February 2020
Share this article:
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)