Blue innovation Co., Ltd. (CEO: Takayuki Kumada, herein “Blue innovation”) and Kyocera Corporation (President: Hideo Tanimoto, herein “Kyocera”) announced today that the companies reached an agreement to jointly develop new drone solutions.
By flying multiple drones with mobile relay station functions in areas where mobile phone signals do not reach, such as disaster sites, the “moving communication relay station system” enables reliable mobile phone communication as if under normal circumstances. By combining Blue innovation’s system platform technology such as Blue Earth Platform, which enables remote control of several drones, with Kyocera’s wireless communication technology developed through its communication equipment business, the companies will develop a moving drone-enabled communication relay station.
Samples of these devices will be on display at the Blue innovation booth during CES 2020 in Las Vegas from January 7-10, 2020 (LVCC, South Hall 2 #26820). The companies will begin field testing under LTE and 5G networks, aiming toward commercialization by March 2022 in accordance with legislative amendments.
Share this article:
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)