The 2019 North Atlantic Treaty Organisation Summit will be held in the vicinity of Watford, Hertfordshire. The summit will be attended by a large number of Heads of State and Senior Ministers. The Secretary of State for Transport has decided that it is necessary in the interests of security to introduce Restriction of Flying Regulations under article 239 of the Air Navigation Order 2016 in the vicinity of Central London and Hertfordshire.
The charts in this document relate to the areas defined in the associated text; all areas will be subject to NOTAM action. these are to be read in conjunction with this document. Pilots are strongly encouraged to employ the use of moving map technology and/or an air traffic service to mitigate the risk of inadvertent airspace infringements.
In relation to paragraph 2 the term ‘aircraft’ includes aircraft as classified in Schedule 4, Part, 1 to the Air Navigation Order 2016 and also includes, by virtue of article 23(3) of that Order, any small balloon, any kite weighing not more than two kilograms, any small unmanned aircraft and any parachute including a parascending parachute, as such terms are defined in Schedule 1 of the Order.
Share this article:
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)