We are proud to introduce today our new JODY-W2-series, a feature-rich and compact wireless module supporting both Bluetooth 5 and Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac technology), and ideal for both in-vehicle communication and industrial automation.
With its 13.8 mm x 19.8 mm footprint, JODY-W2 addresses the acute space constraints in cars, while its operating temperature range from 40 ºC up to 105 ºC means it also has all the necessary ruggedness for the most demanding in-vehicle environments. One variant specifically targets demanding industrial control and monitoring applications, such as patient monitoring, surveillance systems, and in-building asset tracking.
Highly optimized for deployment in modern automobile infotainment, telematics systems, and industrial gateways, the JODY-W2 can provide an access point for connection with up to 8 devices, offering enough bandwidth for video streaming via several devices at once. Thanks to its capacity to support parallel transportation of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth signals, it can simultaneously act as an access point and as a station or can conduct peer-to-peer communication.
As this module has the same form factor as the u-blox JODY-W1, it makes it easy to upgrade your existing designs.
- Dual band Wi‑Fi 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- Dual‑mode Bluetooth 5 (Bluetooth BR/EDR/Low Energy)
- Supports operation at 105 ° C
- Simultaneous access point (AP), station (STA), or Wi‑Fi Direct (P2P)
- Optimized for parallel operation of Wi‑Fi and Bluetooth
Share this article:
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)