Deadline to submit funding applications to set up new Strategic Task Groups is 15th January 2020
London, United Kingdom, 15th November 2019—The EPSRC UK-RAS Network is today issuing a call for Strategic Task Groups in robotics and autonomous systems, in a new initiative aimed at boosting the strategic development of RAS in the UK and across the UK-RAS partner network. EPSRC UK-RAS Network members can apply now at https://www.ukras.org/members/strategic-task-groups/.
The EPSRC UK-RAS Network is seeking to fund a number of key Strategic Task Groups through which a variety of activities can be organised. These issue-based interest groups will be initiated by members of the EPSRC UK-RAS Network. In collaboration with the Executive Committee, the task groups will organise and coordinate continuous activities focused on research interests.
The aims of Strategic Task Groups could include:
– identifying research gaps and challenges
– devising roadmaps or strategic solutions via the production of white papers, organisation of robotics challenges, workshops, symposia and conferences
– creating public engagement activities, such as exhibitions, hackathons, festivals, conferences and demonstrations
– promoting academia-industry liaison
– developing scoping projects to explore wider research collaboration opportunities
Activities can span the full spectrum – from basic research to technological development and concrete innovation, developing paths of knowledge transfer, as well as identifying actual and potential academia-industry cooperation. Strategic Task Groups will be instrumental to providing future strategic direction to the UK, the EPSRC UK-RAS Network, and its relationship with other relevant organisations.
Through these types of activities, the formation of the Strategic Task Groups will aim to help members and non-members of the network become involved with cross–institutional and cross-disciplinary activities, research projects and events; promote ground-up engagement; drive strategic decisions, and influence policy and funding decisions, as well as promote RAS research within the UK.
Commenting on the launch of the Strategic Task Groups initiative, EPSRC UK-RAS Network Chairman Robert Richardson said: “By funding these new tasks groups, we are providing a launchpad to boost collaboration and research across the UK, which will have a significant impact on the speed and scope of robotics and autonomous systems development. The new initiatives enabled by this strategic funding will support the UK’s growth and bolster its leadership in this pivotal technology area, so we’re encouraging the entire RAS community to engage with this great opportunity.”
Members of the EPSRC UK-RAS Network can apply now for funding to set up a Strategic Task Group. Up to £150,000 is available to allocate to Strategic Task Group activities over the next two years. Each application requires a minimum of 3 partner institutions, and applications that include partners outside the network are encouraged. The deadline for applications is 15th January 2020.
Share this article:
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)