The FAA is updating the Notice to Airmen (NOTAM) system, and you’re invited to join their free summit that will help you to understand the updates and how they may affect you. Here’s the scoop from the FAA:
As part of the FAA’s NOTAM modernization initiative, the FAA is hosting a NOTAM Data Optimization Summit on November 18, 2019 from 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. If you use aeronautical and NOTAM data, this event is for you!
This summit will help you understand how the FAA plans to modernize the system, as well as inform you of key changes to the current system that will affect you.
It’s also an opportunity to provide feedback on how you use FAA data, and how together we can continue optimizing the data in a way that aligns with the needs of the aviation community to keep the national airspace safe.
The summit will be live streamed on these FAA digital channels:
What is NOTAM Modernization?
- The FAA’s NOTAM Modernization initiative is improving the presentation of NOTAM information to make it easier to safely navigate through the national airspace;
- Prioritizing and highlighting the most important safety information; and
- Optimizing data, technology, and processes to help pilots find and retain the most relevant safety information.
What are the NOTAM Modernization initiative’s goals?
- To align NOTAMs and aeronautical information under a single governing office with the authority to standardize and comply with FAA Orders and International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) requirements; and
- To redesign the current NOTAM system with a single technology gateway for entering, processing, and retrieving all NOTAM data.
Have questions about the summit or feedback for the team? Please email us at AIS-NOTAM@faa.gov