Counter-drone technology company releases updated software platform, providing the most reliable and actionable airspace activity data for organizations to instantaneously assess and defend against sUAS threats
SAN FRANCISCO, November 5, 2019 – Dedrone, a market leader in counter-drone technology and airspace security, today announced the release of DroneTracker 4.1, building in critical advancements to the company’s software platform. DroneTracker 4.1 enables Dedrone customers to integrate the latest and most advanced radar and cameras, providing additional layers of proactive detection of all sUAS, including those that fly autonomously.
Dedrone’s DroneTracker 4.1 software recognizes and classifies RF, WiFi, and non-WiFi sUAS. The software program collects data from hardware inputs, including Dedrone’s radio frequency sensors, the RF-100 and RF-300, cameras, radar, and acoustic sensors, to determine information such as the drone manufacturer, model, time and length of drone activity. Upon identification of an sUAS, DroneTracker 4.1 triggers alerts and countermeasures. Summary reports are produced and available on-demand for easy analysis and actionable data for security teams to address and combat unwanted sUAS in protected airspace.
DroneTracker 4.1 provides critical updates to core platform components and new features, including:
· Advanced Radar and PTZ Camera Integration: DroneTracker 4.1 has expanded its compatibility to more radar sensors, for organizations to extend their detection range and detect all kinds of sUAS, including autonomous drones. DroneTracker 4.1 features an intelligent sensor fusion technology which enables PTZ cameras to automatically verify radar detection data. Supporting the latest advancements in radar and PTZ technology, DroneTracker 4.1 now provides accurate visual verification of sUAS in low-light environments through thermal and infrared detection.
· New Classification Options for Organizations with Active sUAS Programs: As more organizations bring sUAS to work, DroneTracker 4.1 now enables security providers to focus on only those alerts that need to be intervened. New classifications include “friend” for sUAS that are recognized or a part of an organization’s sUAS program, “foe” for any unwanted or uncooperative sUAS, and “ignore” to shut off any alerts that may not need further investigation.
· Upgraded User Experience for Coordinated Incident Response: The re-designed and enhanced home screen improves user experience to ensure a rapid and coordinated incident response. DroneTracker 4.1’s improved drone path accuracy during the alert enables security teams to deploy appropriate, timely and effective countermeasures
· Continuous Upgrades to Proprietary sUAS Signature Database, DroneDNA: Detection accuracy of sensors relies on known drone signatures in DroneTracker’s proprietary database, DroneDNA. DroneDNA provides specific information on the exact type of drone, helping immensely to reduce the false-positive and false-negative detection rate. DroneTracker 4.1 comes with the most DroneDNA updates of any software upgrade, and now provides users with automated monthly updates of DroneDNA.
“When it comes to protecting critical infrastructure, all uncooperative sUAS must be detected and tracked before they breach protected airspace,” shares Joerg Lamprecht, CEO, and co-founder of Dedrone. “All counter-drone technology programs must be customized to the threat profile, environment, and needs of an individual site. DroneTracker 4.1 enables security teams to select the best-in-class sensor hardware to assess and understand their airspace activity accurately, while providing users with a user experience that will enable team members to access critical information and act upon it before, during and after a drone incursion.”
Dedrone creates customized airspace security solutions for organizations to identify, track, and eliminate sUAS threats. Dedrone’s solution is deployed to customers around the world, including three of the G7 countries, correctional facilities, utilities, airports, and corporations, among other public and private organizations.
Dedrone is the market and technology leader in airspace security. The Dedrone counter-drone platform combines hardware sensors and machine-learning software, providing early warning, classification of, and mitigation against all drone threats. Based in San Francisco, Dedrone was founded in 2014 and is backed by investors including Felicis Ventures, Menlo Ventures, and John Chambers, Chairman Emeritus of Cisco Systems and founder of JC2 Ventures.
In October 2019, Dedrone introduced Dedrone Defense, a consultancy that provides the essential tools for all U.S. federal agencies and armed forces to assess, protect, and defend against unauthorized sUAS. Dedrone Defense is the sole provider and manufacturer of DroneDefender, a non-kinetic, radio frequency sUAS countermeasure. More information on Dedrone Defense can be found at www.dedronedefense.com
Share this article:
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)