RAF Brize Norton recently hosted a stakeholder meeting at which its latest and near-final design for a larger area of controlled airspace surrounding the airfield was described in detail (see image). The GA Alliance (GAA) including the BGA was represented at the meeting alongside others from the GA community.
The revised design replaces previously proposed CTA Class D airspace with Class E+ airspace, which is a UK version of ICAO Class E with additional conspicuity. In the case of the Brize Norton design, the intent is that radio or transponder provides the required conspicuity.
Expert inputs have been made by the GAA regarding the CTAs at each end of the design and regarding CTA bases. The sponsor has agreed to reconsider those before a final submission to the CAA.
Another stakeholder meeting is being arranged by Oxford Airport to describe their ACP submission. GAA including BGA will be in attendance.
Share this article:
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)