We are the UK’s aviation regulator and recognised as a world leader in its field. Our activities are diverse, enabling the aviation industry to meet the highest safety standards and we pride ourselves on our ability to adapt to the constantly changing aviation environment.
- We’re looking for two Policy – Operations Specialists to join our Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) team – one of the most innovative and fast-growing sectors of aviation.
- In this role you’ll provide advice on policy and regulatory requirements associated with the full and safe integration of all UAS operations into UK airspace
- You’ll provide expert opinion on the development of existing and future UAS policy and regulations. In doing so, you will be comfortable in interpreting current policy and regulation
- Collaboration is crucial as you’ll liaise widely within the UAS policy team, wider internal teams, the public and aviation industry
- You’ll assist in the assessment of operational approvals and you’ll be at the heart of UAS policy as you identify and address emerging regulatory issues
- A key part of this role is to produce high quality written regulatory guidance materials, so you must have a clear and concise manner.
- You’ll establish meaningful working relationships and advise appropriate courses of action to the Head of UAS.
We are looking for some with previous experience of airspace, rules of the air and their application, with a clear appreciation of their relevance within a UAS context. Knowledge of wider aviation matters and experience in the operation of civilian, military, fixed wing or rotary wing, commercial or general aviation, is desirable but not essential.
You’ll be adaptable and able to quickly adjust in a developing and dynamic environment. You’ll have sounds interpersonal skills with the ability to summarise complicated subjects, apply a logical and problem-solving approach and present options to key decision makers.
You’ll work effectively within a team of experts and be comfortable with periods of higher workload and to deadlines.
What can we offer you?
This is a great opportunity to be involved within a fast moving, expanding and exciting area of aviation.
This rare opportunity will see you formulating appropriate policy as the CAA navigates the regular technological and regulatory challenges. These must be met to enable the effective integration of UAS into increasingly congested UK airspace. See your efforts have a positive contribution to this combined endeavour, meaning all airspace users will be able to enjoy a safer future.
Working with Us
We offer a range of fantastic benefits such as flexible working arrangements, free onsite gym, 28 days annual leave, a competitive pension scheme and much more. Wherever possible, we offer flexible and variable working hours to help our people effectively manage all areas of their lives.
Being an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage and support applications from all backgrounds. If you have a disability or special need that requires adjustments, please let us know.
Closing Date: Monday 15th July 2019
Interview Date: 25th and 26th July 2019
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Law, Operations, Legal, Aviation
Share this article:
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)