The U.S. Director of Regulatory Affairs will be responsible for developing and executing a U.S. federal regulatory affairs strategy that helps to expand the domestic and international utilization of DJI technology across civil, recreational, and public markets in the United States. This person will have a leading role in interacting with the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Aviation Administration, and other key executive branch and federal agencies that have a role in unmanned aircraft system technologies. This position will also support and help manage other international, federal, state, and local government affairs efforts within DJI that relate to federal regulatory policy.
- Implement and manage an effective federal regulatory strategy in the U.S., which also complements DJI’s international, state, and local policy goals.
- Increase visibility of positive use-cases for DJIs technology with key regulatory stakeholders to broaden awareness and support the companys U.S. policy goals.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with U.S. regulators, peer companies, and trade associations to advance the company’s business objectives.
- Work closely with the DJI Vice President of Policy & Legal Affairs to develop long-term strategic outcomes across a variety of policy issues, consistent with global policy developments and objectives.
- Forge relationships and alliances with traditional and “non-traditional” partners that can fortify DJI’s U.S. policy initiatives.
- Initiatiate and manage company projects corresponding to key initiatives at the FAA and DOT.
- Advise and participate (as necessary) in coalitions and trade association.
- Work with the DJI Corporate Communication Director, North America to align and leverage company messaging for managing policy narratives in the U.S.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S.) required.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience with U.S. public policy and government affairs, such as legal, regulatory or legislative advocacy, lobbying, coalitions, government service, etc.
- Private-sector experience, especially with an international footprint in aerospace, transportation or technology, a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with top level legislators and regulators.
- Familiarity with transportation, unmanned aircraft systems, and defense regulation is preferred.
- Prior experience with media engagement very desirable.
- Goal and results oriented.
- Diplomacy and tact; firm in your convictions but sophisticated in the art of compromise.
- Can thrive in team environment, while also taking responsibility and leading others.
- Some U.S. and international travel.
Share this article:
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)