Widely regarded as a technical leader in the emerging field of Drone/Unmanned Traffic Management (UTM), Altitude Angel develops cloud-scale systems to facilitate the safe integration of unmanned vehicles into national airspace worldwide. In short, we don’t make drones; we make them safe. Our national foundation technologies are deployed internationally by governments, civil aviation authorities and air navigation service providers to meet the needs of an emerging industry.
Altitude Angel is excited to announce a new opportunity for a passionate Software Development Manager to help guide and inspire our talented Engineering team who have quality at their core.
As the Software Development manager (C# | ASP.Net | MVC Development) you will guide our Engineering team through the deployment of highly scalable applications built with Microsoft Technologies.
- Successfully lead a team of Engineers, Testers, DevOps and UI/UX specialists whilst shaping the strategic direction and optimising performance and productivity within the team.
- Coach, mentor and develop our technical Engineering team, and provide guidance through line management, 1:1s and performance reviews.
- Oversee and manage the scaling-up of the Engineering team and processes through the planned expansion.
- Working closely with the Programme Manager, Principal Engineers and key stakeholders, you will provide technical expertise and contribute to solution design. You will also hold accountability for project timescales and prioritisation in line with other business stakeholders.
- Be responsible for driving the delivery of products, solutions and services to our customers, whilst ensuring that timescales are consistently met without compromising quality and our reputation.
- Play a vital role in the development of the product roadmap whilst ensuring that product improvements and new products are delivered in line with customer expectations.
- Providing technical representation and leadership on client engagement activities.
- Get involved in and contribute to Altitude Angel’s R&D programmes and other thought-leadership activities in the burgeoning UTM sector. In time we would expect the ideal candidate to take a leadership role in driving the industry forwards and keep Altitude Angel at the forefront of its progress.
- Technical background with the Microsoft stack and a thorough understanding of the full software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Previous management and leadership experience of a high-performing Engineering team
- A strategic thinker with a track record of delivering software product improvements and new products in an agile and cost-effective manner
- A solid understanding of best practices and experience in various methodologies, ideally Agile (SCRUM) and waterfall
- Awareness and a desire to keep up-to-date with the latest technology trends and developments
- A natural team player, highly-motivated and proactive multi-tasker with excellent organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail and the ability to make the complicated seem simple
Our ideal candidate must have a strong desire to grow in one of the country’s most promising tech and aviation start-ups; to make a real impact on day one and to be able to rise to any challenge!
Sound like you? Get in touch today and join the global company defining the future of aviation.Apply for job
Share this article:
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)