Skydio, the maker of the self-flying Skydio R1, is continuing to push the boundaries of what autonomy can do, providing consumers with the easiest and most fun
drone experience available today. Now Skydio is building on that autonomy capability to deliver an entirely new way of controlling this self-flying camera with the introduction of the Skydio Apple Watch app, which allows you to completely direct R1 from your wrist. This allows you to stay in the moment and in the shot — not stuck piloting from the sidelines.
Additionally, starting today Skydio R1 will be available in select Apple stores.
“Full autonomy is the key to making drones accessible and practical for everyday use,” says Adam Bry,CEO, and co-founder of Skydio. “With our Apple Watch app, users have the full power of Cinematic Skills, like Dronie, Rocket, and Orbit, enabling incredible capture possibilities right on their wrist.”
The Skydio Apple Watch app is an example of how Skydio has made the experience of controlling a flying camera far simpler by building atop its foundation of autonomy. With its easy-to-use design, the watch app gives quick access to key R1 controls. This makes it easy to get the shot you want when you can’t or don’t want to be accessing your phone.
You can watch see the Skydio Apple Watch app in action here.
The Skydio Apple Watch app features include:
● Select a subject to follow by picking from thumbnails of everyone R1 sees
● Use the Digital Crown to rotate R1
● Change between cinematic Skills
● Stop and return to phone
Skydio’s R1 is available for purchase to capture your everyday adventures at www.skydio.com, www.apple.com as well as select Apple stores in the USA and Canada for $1999 USD.
Share this article:
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)