UAVOS Inc. has successfully completed the first stage of the flight tests of the 10-meter prototype of the High Altitude Pseudo Satellite (HAPS) ApusDuo, which was manufactured as part of the development program of ApusDuo solar aircraft with a wing span of 28m. That prototype was made for testing control algorithms, including take-off and landing, full-scale verification of HAPS aerodynamics. Test flights fully confirmed the flight characteristics of the UAV.
UAVOS Inc., headquartered in Mountain View, CA, has recently raised a round of financing from a group of private investors, in order to further enhance its R&D efforts, reduce the go-to-market time for new solutions and also focus on promotion and commercialization.
UAVOS works directly with a number of large customers in different segments. Among UAVOS advanced ready-for-commercialization technologies is unique Apus High Altitude Pseudo-Satellite control system for high-altitude unmanned solar-powered aerial vehicles, multiplatform autopilot solution for converting manned vehicles of all types into unmanned, and unmanned aerial vehicles aimed to counteract systems of electronic warfare.
Share this article:
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)