Aerospace Cornwall will be sponsoring the Beyond the Visual Line of Sight (BVLOS) event run by the Royal Aeronautical Society on the 19th – 20th September in London.
The BVLOS event specifically aims to realise and discuss the potential of Beyond the Visual Line of Sight operation of Unmanned Aerial Systems in the UK. James Fairbairn, Business Engagement Manager at AeroSpace Cornwall believes it’s a prime opportunity to explain why Cornwall offers such a unique opportunity for business.
“The county’s core message is that Cornish skies have the least congested airspace in the UK and therefore UAS devices flown in Cornwall have great space for operational freedom,” he said. “Cornwall also provides the only infrastructure and restricted airspace available to operate UAS flights beyond the visual line of sight in the EU.
“As the space and aerospace clusters grow in Cornwall, new technologies and products can literally be launched into this marketplace. With thousands of acres of open space, it’s time for businesses to come and explore Cornwall’s UAS capabilities.”
AeroSpace Cornwall is offering support to businesses looking to capitalise on the opportunity in Cornwall. As well as £1.285m in funding for R&D projects, the programme provides support for exploratory visits and access to collaborative businesses and premises.
Visit our dedicated UAS page for more information.
Share this article:
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)