Delft, July 3th 2018. Drone startup Atmos UAV has closed it’s next investment round with investment firm Disruptive Technology Ventures (DTV). Atmos has developed an industrial drone that is a clever crossover between an aeroplane and a helicopter.
The drone can already be found flying all over the world to help professionals in mapping large areas of land. The series A of undisclosed amount enables the startup to further scale up their distribution, product development and support organisation.
DTV, the fund of amongst others Ad Scheepbouwer (former CEO of TNT) and the founders of cybersecurity leader Fox-IT (Ronald Prins & Menno van der Marel) will support Atmos by fuelling growth and international roll-out.
“Our innovative drone, named Marlyn, combines the high flight performance of conventional aircraft with the vertical take-off and landing of helicopters” explains Sander Hulsman, CEO of Atmos UAV. With their technology, the company targets professional markets in which large area mapping plays a key role. “The investment, as well as the extensive experience of the DTV team, will help us achieving our goal of making Marlyn the new standard in the professional mapping industry.”
“The unique properties of Marlyn in combination with the strong team behind the company convinced us that Atmos will become a major global player”, says Daan Nollen, fund manager DTV. “We look forward to further accelerate the international roll-out of Atmos with our combined expertise.”
Share this article:
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)