Neoptera Ltd has been developing since 2017 a unique winged Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) civil light aircraft capable of transporting 2 to 5 passengers (or equivalent payload).
Winged VTOL aircraft offer the versatility of helicopters (enabling vertical take-off from compact helipads) combined with the energy efficiency of aircraft (benefiting from the lift afforded by fixed wings to extend range).
Thanks to our aerospace experience and our understanding of the challenges involved in the design, development and certification of aircraft systems, we have concentrated our efforts on safety and simplicity whilst at the same time offering a truly novel concept.
Thinking outside the box, we believe that we have managed to come up with a proposition that will offer a unique passenger experience that may well become the benchmark for future transition VTOL.
Our aircraft relies on distributed electric propulsion to offer a fault tolerant solution with mutliple levels of redundancy. Our aircraft is ready for the next generation in battery technology but the modularity of our concept is also compatible with a range of electric energy sources such as hybrid power unit or fuel cells.
Share this article:
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)