Measure Australia, Australia’s largest drone service provider, has acquired Droneworx Pty Ltd, a NSW-based drone services company. As part of the acquisition, Brendon De Witts, Founder of Droneworx, has been appointed as the new Chief Pilot of Measure Australia. De Witts has over 2000 flight hours on remotely piloted aircraft systems and brings significant experience to the Chief Pilot role. De Witts brings operational expertise, technical skills, leadership ability and out-of-the-box thinking that the role requires.
De Witts said, “I am excited to join Measure Australia’s industry-leading team and look forward to helping the business implement its vision for the drone industry. Having significant field and management experience of drone programs, I am excited to bring a new dimension to Measure Australia’s operations.”
Outgoing Chief Pilot Simon Mapstone stays with the company in a field-based role. Mapstone sets an exemplary standard for the increasing number of field-based pilots.
The acquisition of Droneworx strengthens Measure Australia’s NSW-based offering and broadens existing delivery in the marketing and visual inspection service streams. Droneworx clients and operations will be transitioned to the Measure Australia brand while all Droneworx staff will relocate to Measure Australia’s head office in Artarmon, NSW.
Share this article:
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)