Parrot Bluegrass is an all-in-one, multipurpose quadcopter drone solution specifically designed for farming and agriculture. The Parrot Bluegrass helps business owners remain competitive and produce higher quality crops by providing accurate data which can be used to improve farming practices and agricultural output while being eco-friendly and cost-effective.
The drone’s frontal camera gives farmers a birds-eye-view of their land, allows them to monitor and check their crops, herds or buildings, and effectively assess land parcels quickly and efficiently. Features include the embedded multispectral Parrot Sequoia sensor, which identifies problem areas.
Parrot Bluegrass allows farmers to:
· Estimate biomass of seeding plants, such as rapeseed or wheat.
· Understand fertilising needs, of their crops, area by area.
· Identify ground issues caused by wildlife.
· Identify seeding and shrubs that have potentially suffered from frost or weather damage.
· Monitor farming assets and security from a birds-eye-view across a wide area In just 25 minutes, map around 75 acres of land(1).
Plan your flight using the Pix4Dcapture app:
Pix4Dcapture, the world’s first planning app, enables farmers to precisely define the specific plot they want to map at the touch of a button. The user adjusts the flight parameters according to the precision needed and the type of crop being inspected.
The entire flight, from take-off to landing (2), is easily set by the user and automated by the quadcopter. The images captured by its frontal full HD 14MP camera are streamed live on the screen of a connected tablet. Settings, calibration and the Parrot Bluegrass (3) quadcopter’s software updates are managed directly from the Pix4Dcapture app.
Analysing data platform:
The Parrot Bluegrass not only autonomously manages flights whatever the application, it also collects data. Farmers control the data captured by the quadcopter and are able to access it directly using the AIRINOV FIRST+ online platform. Users receive a turnkey report composed of orthomosaic NDVI (Normalized Difference Vegetation Index) with a resolution of 6.6cm/px max. This means farmers can understand the health of their crops and determine which areas need specific attention.
Professionals can use these insights to understand the areas that require the most maintenance and track the effects and evolution of the farm with high precision. For further analysis, Parrot Bluegrass users benefit from a one month free trial of the mapping and processing Pix4Dag software. Thanks to the Pix4Dag desktop version, the analysing process doesn’t require an internet connection.
Parrot Bluegrass is an easy to use solution. Farmers can fly their drones over crops as often as they like and capture valuable growth cycle data.
Using this data financial investment can be controlled and crop productivity optimised remaining eco-friendly.
(1) At 70 m / 230 ft. flight altitude. (2) Check local regulations. (3) Works for Parrot Disco-Pro AG & Parrot Bebop-Pro 3D Modeling as well.
Who is the Parrot Bluegrass designed for?
Parrot Bluegrass is a multi-purpose business solution to help agriculture and horticulture professionals, farmers and independents make informed decisions.
The embedded Parrot Sequoia advanced multispectral sensor enables Precision Agriculture mapping and data analysis of crops. Parrot Bluegrass’s ability to fly at low altitude ensures optimal results for fruit crops too.
Its front camera, together with the ability to do static flights facilitate the observation of livestock or specific areas of land or terrain.
Parrot Bluegrass pack content:
· 1 Parrot Bluegrass quadcopter
· 1 Parrot Sequoia
· 1 Parrot Skycontroller 2
· 1 Backpack
· 3 Batteries Lithium Polymer (25min per battery)
· 2 Chargers
· 1 Year license to AIRINOV FIRST+
· 1 Month access to Pix4Dag
Parrot Bluegrass is available via the following distributors, Opti-cal and Coptrz and also available on parrot.com MSRP: £4500 + VAT.
Share this article:
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)